Hey, have I told you I’m a grandma? I know what you’re thinking….
“DANG, SHE LOOKS TOO YOUNG TO BE A GRANDMA!”
OK, maybe you didn’t say it but a gal can dream! Anyway, I would like to introduce you to David. You can call him Lil David since he’s a junior. He has become a ray of sunshine in our lives. He arrived the day before the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle. Isn’t that a good boy? He arrived just in time to let Grandma and Grandpa run the 8K!
We have a list of plans for Lil David:
1. Running the trail with us when he’s a little bigger. This means we are looking for a strong, light-weight running stroller. Here’s the one we are thinking about.
The B.O.B Ironman Sport Utility received great reviews. It is a great height for me and seems really durable. We got our information from a lot of sources but Walkin Mama had an easy-to-use graph to see them all. Check her out!
2. THE ZOO! I love the zoo and was really sad when my kids no longer wanted to go. But because they love me so much, they took me to the zoo last summer when my daughter was visiting from Arizona. We had a blast! Here’s David and Elizabeth pretending to be kangaroos.
Yup, we are silly together! I can’t wait to show Lil David the animals. Going to need that stroller!
3. MOVIES! I plan on taking David to every Disney, super hero, action packed movie until he’s 18! There is nothing better than sitting in the dark with a big bucket of popcorn and enjoying the show.
4. Baking! I love to bake and plan on a lot of cookie-baking and cupcake-frosting time with Lil David. I wonder if he’s going to be a chocolate or vanilla kind of guy. I’m hoping he loves Carrot Cake!
5. Lots of babysitting! David is easy going and loves to smile. He really likes my singing! (Well I think he does…) I’m hoping to have a lot of adventures with him.
I want to be the grandma that says, “Hey Lil David, wait for me at the finish line with your Mom and Dad! We will go get ice cream after I grab my medal!”
I wonder if my plans are crazy….
I wonder if running will be fun pushing a stroller!
Any parent or grandparent runners out there? Do you bring your (grand)kids? What stroller do you use?