Disclaimer: I received The Fun Run Box to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Well here’s a fun way to run a race! Check out The Fun Run Box!
Many of us sign up for a race to stay motivated. Well the Fun Run Box is all about motivation and creating a community. Each box comes with its own challenge, theme and team. It’s like a virtual race with added prizes and swag.
Your Fun Run Box comes with a link to a private Facebook page. There you can share pictures about your training. AND THERE’S PRIZES!
Here’s how it works
Subscribing is super easy. It’s all done on their website with an easy form to fill out. A box is sent right to your house after you subscribe. When you open up the box you’ll see all kinds of goodies and what team you’re on. I’m on Team Doxie (#FRBTeamDoxie). Here’s what was in my box:
- Training shirt
- Bib number
- Training plan
- Performance trucker hat
- Roll & Go Massager
- Jelly Belly Draft Jelly Beans
- Regrained Honey Cinnamon IPA Supergrain Bar
- A 5 Mile Dashs magnet!
I’m already in love with the training shirt. It’s an amazing, comfy technical shirt in my favorite color–BLACK.
Subscription start at $32.00 for the Challenge or the themed Fun Run Boxes. And there’s the FRB Mini Box which cost $15.00 and only contains food to fuel your run.
I really liked the 4-week training plan. It had some excellent speed-work tips with a nice little check-list to keep you organized. Since I’m training for a half marathon, I’ve been using the 5 mile Dachs training on my Thursdays. It’s perfect and FUN!
If you live anywhere that has winter like the Midwest, you could definitely use this as a fun 6-month winter activity to keep you active. I say 6 months because if you choose, you can complete 6 challenges and earn a medal and a long sleeve finisher shirt. And each challenge is DIFFERENT!
Pros and Con Time!
- You get a box of some great stuff including a really nice training shirt.
- Keeps you motivated to move.
- It only cost $32.00 a box which is less than a race. And you definitely get a lot more swag than most races.
- There’s no stress to get to a race early or find parking.
- You can cancel at any time.
- Since it’s a virtual training box it’s up to you to complete the training. You’ll need to keep yourself motivated and run the race.
- No support during your race. Bring your own water!
- To get the finisher medal and shirt you do need to participate for 6 months.
- There might be things in the box you do not really like.
The Fun Run Box is definitely motivating. It’s really gives you a focus to complete a race within a month and it’s fun. If you love posting about your training, then this is perfect for you. They keep you accountable by having you write about your training on social media because like I said earlier–THERE’s PRIZES!
Plus you get some really need things like this Roll & Go Massager which is definitely getting packed in our traveling bag!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see how my Fun Run Box training goes. And if you’re interested, use the promo BIBRAVE for 15% off any subscription or single Oktoberfest box.
What are your views of virtual runs?