Disclaimer: I received a pair of Oofos Project Pink Sandals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!”
Foot care is so IMPORTANT to a runner!!! That’s because there is nothing worse than pounding into the pavement in pain with each foot strike. Taking care of my feet is my #1 priority especially after my experience with Plantar Fasciitis.
So here are my…
8 simple tips to keep your feet happy and healthy
- Run in the right shoes!
- Pick out good wicking socks.
- Moisturize your skin to prevent dry cracks that can bleed.
- Ice after a run to bring down any swelling.
- Keep your feet dry and clean to prevent fungus among us…
- Trim those toenails!
- Exercise and stretch your feet! Here’s some great stretches I learned from my podiatrist.
- Massage your feet. It feels great and awesome for recovery! Use a tennis ball or the FootRubz Massage Ball! This little thing is awesome!
And to baby your feet even more try a nice recovery shoe like the Oofos! I’ve heard so many good things about these sandals and couldn’t wait to try them out when Bibrave announced we could review them.
I received the Women’s Oolala Project Pink Sandal and I cannot get over how comfortable they are! Because we are still dealing with winter here in the Midwest, I’ve been wearing them inside like slippers!
There’s a lot of science behind these shoes! Here take a look!
As soon as you put them on, you notice how soft they are. And they are so flexible and light that your walk is very natural in them. But most importantly, you feel the great arch support. Every step is like a massage for your feet after a run.
They sure felt amazing after our crazy, muddy trail run! And they are not just for run recovery. Heck, they feel great after being on your feet all day at work or home.
Help Project Pink with Oofos!
I love the way Oofos is helping to raise money for the Dana-Farber Oncology Research Fund. $10 from every Ribbon OOriginal purchased will go directly to breast cancer research, a cause they hold near and dear to their hearts.
And look at the cute pink emblem!
Oofos Pros and Cons Time!
- comfortable, Comfortable COMFORTABLE!
- Helps reduce stress of sore feet, knees and back
- Awesome arch support
- Very flexible so you walk naturally in them
- A variety of styles to choose from
- They float!
- If you are looking for just a normal pair of sandals, they are a little pricey $59.95.
- If you’re not a big fan of the clog style (like me) then you are limited to the sandal style.
Would I recommend these–you bet. They are the most comfortable sandal I have ever worn. I cannot wait to wear them after the Shamrock Shuffle next month. They will definitely be in my gear-check bag because 5 miles on Chicago pavement is really hard on my feet. I see my Oofos being a wonderful recovery tool for all my races.
On the homefront there was CAKE all weekend!
Today’s my Mom’s birthday! Whoo hoo–she’s a reader 🙂 so give her a Happy Birthday below! And guess who turned 1 yesterday? Yup, grandson #2 is now an active, almost walking, gonna be a running 1-year-old! Let the fun continue!!!
Do you own a pair of Oofos?
Happy Birthday Mom!!!