The Hubs and I started a half marathon challenge to complete a half in all 50 states. What started us off were the people on our Alaskan running cruise. It was amazing seeing a couple finish their challenge to run a half in each state in Juneau, AK.
So of course since we both love to travel and run this was the next perfect step for us. Just click on the pictures to lead you to that specific state’s blog post. I included information about our travels too. That way just in case you want to try that race, you’ll have some travel suggestions.
Good luck if you are trying this challenge too!
Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll!
2. Juneau, Alaska! You can’t go wrong with a half marathon on a running cruise! Especially in Alaska! Be sure to check out all our running cruise adventures under the travel tab on the menu bar!
Great Alaskan Running Cruise
3. Indianapolis, Indiana. I ran this race twice. Here’s my 2014 post since I wasn’t blogging yet when the Hubs and I ran it together in 2013.
OneAmerica Indy Mini Marathon
4. Boston, Massachusetts! This was a fantastic run through the heart of Boston. Definitely put this one on your to-do list! Lots of travel tips on these 2 posts!
Boston Run to Remember
5. Sauk City, Wisconsin. We had a blast in our sister state, Wisconsin. Only 3 hours away from us meant we didn’t have to get on a plane! It was Sauk City’s first race and they did a fantastic job. There was plenty of support for all the runners throughout the entire half marathon.
Eagle Chase at the Fire on the River
6. Des Moines, Iowa. This was a hot, hot run but so much fun for the two of us. We spent a long weekend in Des Moines and enjoyed a toasty run.
7. Waitsfield, Vermont. Vermont was hills, hills, HILLS! But to take our mind off of the hills the entire race was surrounded by beautiful mountains. A must do for Vermont!